Intersect is not your grandmother's library conference! This brand new regional gathering of library and information professionals will be taking place in Buffalo, NY on October 5, 2018. The purpose of Intersect is to facilitate a culture of learning among librarians and other interested professionals in the region by bringing people together annually to network and share ideas in an interactive, engaging setting where participants determine the content. Intersect: Where People and Ideas Meet!
We would like to see our participants engaged in active learning, embracing creativity, and exploring new ideas. Please feel free to submit ideas for workshop sessions, poster sessions, lightning talks, pecha kucha, discussion roundtables, breakout sessions, interactive panel discussions, technology demonstrations, presentations in interesting new formats, and anything that you'd like to see at this new unconference from the Western New York Library Resources Council.
This is our active conference proposal space, and a chance for attendees and presenters to be creative with their content submissions. Please include these five items in your idea submission:
1. A short session description of around 100 words
2. Style of session (roundtable, interactive panel, small group breakout, demonstration, make/hack/play, etc.)
3. What participants will gain from your session (Will there be handouts or take home activity items? What skills will be learned? Is this an interactive session?)
4. Organization Level (is this a fully formed presentation, or an idea that's open to collaborators? Will you be posting a Call for Participation from other attendees? We encourage ideas that aren't fully formed, this is your space to collaborate!)
5. An email address so we can contact you if your session is selected for Round 2. If you are selected, you will be asked to give a more detailed proposal for our peer review process.
This session decider will be up for a short while, so don't hesitate to post your great ideas here. To foster attendee participation right from the start, we highly encourage you to vote on the proposals you see here as well. We can't wait to see what creative and wonderful sessions are waiting to be proposed!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mandi Shepp (email@example.com), David Schoen (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Heidi Ziemer (email@example.com).
Michele Brancato, LoudLibrarian, emily and 3 more
LoudLibrarian, Barb, Melissa Froah and 3 more
Michele Brancato, Tom Vitale, Jessica Olin and 3 more
LoudLibrarian, Tom Vitale, Barb and 2 more